Saturday, January 19, 2013

The Making of our Band

Nicole and I left our apartment at 10:30 today, and as soon as we got outside we heard a big BOOM! Almost like a gunshot down a side street we were walking past. It was scary! But there were no signs of guns or anything, I think someone just dropped something loud. Nevertheless, we both jumped.

I got my telephone today!!! Yippeee!! It's going to be so much easier to get in contact with people now. I'm really excited about my phone. It's a basic T9 texting phone, and I couldn't be happier. It is so small, it even fits in my front pocket! This is a wonderful change in comparison to my gigantic iphone with its Lifeproof case. My phone is also in Spanish, which confused the heck outta me at first, but I'm planning on leaving it in Spanish just for fun. We'll see how that works out.
My Movistar Phone!! (upside down, whoops)

Our group went to Cafe Futbol for coffee and snacks after getting our phones. I got a hot chocolate, which was basically a cup of melted chocolate, it was so thick. I dont think I'll be ordering that again, you need water just to wash it down. I also got a crape with strawberries and chocolate, it was AMAZING! It was loaded with strawberries, and the crape was super fluffy. I'm definitely taking everyone who visits me there, it's wonderful!

Nicole and I went shopping this afternoon; we didn't buy anything, we just wanted to walk into all the stores to start scoping out the clothes. I'm pretty sure we are going to be broke when we leave here, all the clothes are amazing and I want everything. Nicole and I are budgeting each other so we don't spend too much. It's going to be extremely hard though! One store we went into (our favorite so far) had four floors!! Everything is on sale right now, there's signs in all the stores saying "Rebajas" meaning sales. Everything is at least 50% off, it's sweet!

We had potaje for lunch, which is a Spanish stew with beans and sausage. Lola had prepared it yesterday afternoon, but apparently it tastes best the day after so all the flavors settle in. It was pretty yummy aside from the sausage, I'm not a fan of that.

After lunch Nicole and I went back out to explore more shops. We found so many clothes that we love! It's going to be hard when we actually go shopping, but for now we are just browsing. When we got back to the house, Ana had just gotten home from piano lessons. I was eating a snack and I heard her playing "What Makes You Beautiful" by One Direction in the other room, a song that Nicole and I always sing and dance to with her (we do interpretive dancing so she can understand the words better). Of course, I ran into the other room and started dancing for her, she laughed and Javier just shook his head in embarrassment. They're awesome.

We begged Ana to play a song for us on the piano. Javier, Nicole and I all had to play solos before she would get up and play. She did a duet with Javier, and then finally played a song by herself, it was adorable. She is pretty good too!! Afterwards, Nicole and I fooled around on the piano and Ana got out her recorder and little guitar and tambourine. We each took an instrument and jammed out in the living room while Javier danced to our "music." It was a blast. When both "mama" and "sister" Beatriz came home, we told them they would have to be the singers to complete our band. We plan to perform for people very soon, we are really good........Javier played Chiquitita by ABBA on the piano, it made me so happy!

We went to Amy's apartment for her "sister" Carolina's 13th birthday party around 9:30. Little Beatriz and her and very good friends, and Javier and big Beatriz are good friends with the parents; they're long time family friends. We ate dinner at their apartment, we ate little sandwiches and shrimp and other shelled fish, and lots of chips and weird dips. I just at the sandwiches, the shrimp had deflated eyes which kind of grossed me out. For those who know the relationship between me and soda, you will be proud to hear that I had two cups of orange fanta soda, and was completely fine. I was very proud! We had this delicious chocolate moose cake with vanilla cake mixed into it, it was so good!! Little Beatriz's birthday is Tuesday, I hope we get more yummy cake! Big Beatriz didn't feel well, so Javier took her home while we all stayed and hung out at Amy's. He came back to rejoin the party and finally took us home at 12:30, I was exhausted!


No comments:

Post a Comment