Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feliz Cumpleanos Beatriz!

Today is Beatriz's 13th birthday! Nicole and I bought her a pair of earrings and a necklace, both of which I think are adorable! We also made her a card when we got home from class this afternoon, and for only having a blue and black pen I think it came out pretty good. We gave her the present after lunch, she loved them! (Yay!!). She was very thankful!

I hung out at the house for the afternoon, spending most of my time Skyping with Paul and then Mommy! Javier's sister, Estella, and her boyfriend came over for dinner to celebrate Beatriz's birthday (she made a cake too!!) We ate in the living room at the warm table, since it's bigger, so it was nice and warm for the entire meal. We had octopus, cheese, chorizo, and salad for tapas (I did not eat the octopus!), and then had fish and potatoes for dinner, which was very good. We had cake for dinner, which was like a dry chocolate cake with powdered sugar on top and then marshmallows around it. Estella told Nicole and I about when she watched a movie, and they cooked marshmallows on a fire. She was astonished by this, and Nicole and I explained to her that it's very good. I told my mom, she when she visits she's going to bring gram crackers and American marshmallows so we can show them the deliciousness of s'mores.
Feliz Cumpleanos!
13! Woohh!!
After everyone left, I helped Beatriz study for her English test. We reviewed her vocab, and Ana made fun of me for saying certain words funny. Meanwhile, Javier finally fixed our shower so that it stays on the wall, so now we dont have to hold the shower head the whole time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment