Monday, January 14, 2013

Off to class...kind of

Breakfast!
It was impossible to get up this morning. I intended
to get up at 10:30, but Nicole and I kept hitting the
snooze button so we didn't roll out of bed until 11:45.
We had the house to ourselves, so we had frosted
flakes for breakfast with juice and oranges, it was
very nice. I cannot wait till I'm adjusted to the time
change though!


My walk to school, roughly 5-8 minutes
We headed to the Centro de Lenguas for our first day of "class." Okay, well a heath insurance info session, but still. The outside of the school is really boring, just a white wall with a door. But the inside of the school is gorgeous, it's all very open with a fountain and an indoor courtyard area. The health insurance info session was quick, we learned which hospital and doctor's offices were covered by our insurance. Our professor also told us that we will be taking a trip to Madrid and Toledo at the end of February, the week my mom comes to visit! I'm excited because she gets to travel with us! I called her on Skype to give her the news!!

Nicole and I at the Centro
Inside the Centro de Lenguas

We had macaroni with sauce and hamburger for lunch, it was very yummy!! I then spent the early afternoon Skyping with Paul, I was so excited to talk with him! I went to the Cafe Futbol with my host mom and Ana at 5; all the families in the program met for chocolate con churros (a chocolate fondu with churros!). All the students went around and introduced their family members while enjoying an afternoon snack.
Amy and I with our chocolate con churros

Ana, Beatriz (mi mama espanola), Nicole and I at Cafe Futbol

Javier met us at the Cafe for a bit, then we all went on a walk through the city just for fun. We walked down the road that is famous for its tapas and our parents pointed out their favorite places. The street is really cool, it is solely bars with great tapas and drinks. Our family said they would take us to a place that had great eggs with potatoes and ham, my favorite!

I spent most of my night on the couch with the family, keeping warm under the heated table and blankets while watching tv and playing games. I wanted to get to bed early, I was exhausted! Javier keeps talking to our family in English, he's funny. He likes to show off him knowledge of the English language to the rest of the family. He does a good job too! He said one day we will have a dinner in English so he can practice.



Oh, and my mommy must be thinking of me! My
flower is dancing!! Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment