Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Prueba de Nivel

Sunday was very uneventful, I slept in, studied, and took a nap. Good news was we had two of my favorite meals! Javier and Beatriz make potatoes with ham and eggs for lunch, YUMM! And then we had chicken noodle soup for dinner, I was in heaven.

Monday I studied for my placement test in the morning; I met some friends at Cafe Futbol to review, and of course got a crape with strawberries, chocolate, and whipped cream! I had my placement test (prueba de nivel) at 4; it was extremely long. There was an auditory comprehension section, a writing section, a grammer section, and an oral section. The hardest was probably the auditory part because it was very fast and hard to hear. Nevertheless, the test itself wasn't too bad. It was very long so I got very antsy and couldn't focus towards the end, but otherwise I think it went ok. Nicole and I went shopping after the exam to reward ourselves and give our minds a break. I bought a couple shirts.

At the movies!
Tuesday I went shopping again and bought a pair of shoes. When I got back to the house, Beatriz's sister and mom were over, so I talked to them for a while; they are very nice. After lunch I skyped Paul, it was really nice to talk to him. I met up with a few friends at 7 to see Silver Lining Playbook in Spanish, aka "El lado bueno de las cosas". The weird thing about the theater was that the seats were assigned, so each seat was labeled by row and seat number, and you had to sit in the corresponding seat. It was very strange, but luckily our seats were in the middle of the theater. I had to look up a summary before going so I knew what was going on. It was kinda tricky to understand, but I got the general concepts. I wish I had seen the movie in English first though, I heard it was fantastic and I feel like I missed a lot of meaning. Oh well. Nicole and I hung out and had a girls night in the room, I'm really glad I'm not here alone.




No comments:

Post a Comment