Friday, January 11, 2013

Adios America!



Holy smokes, I can't believe I'm actually leaving today! I feel like I've been waiting for this day to come for over a year now, and now that it's here, it's surreal. Mom Dad and Paul brought me to the airport. We had no problems getting through security, the only hard part was saying goodbye. It's going to be weird to be so far from home for such a long time, but I'm very excited. I met Nicole at the airport and once through security, we met up with four other people who are also traveling to Spain for the UNH Granada program. It's nice to have some travel companions.

Adios mi amor!
The plane ride went smoothly, though it took me by surprise that all the flight attendants spoke to us in Spanish, and all the announcements were in Spanish and then translated into English. The view leaving Boston was awesome! Since it was dark, all the city lights were visible; the coolest was flying over the cape, because you could see all the lights down the entire cape, outlining the shape perfectly. We took off at 5:30PM and arrived in Madrid at 1:15AM US time, 7:15AM in Spain. Surprisingly the airplane food was pretty good, we got chicken and potatoes with tiramisu for dinner, and a ham and cheese croissant for breakfast. I ate most of it and feel fine. I got to nap on the plane for a bit, but I'm still very tired and have a long day ahead of me. The Madrid airport is huge! Navigating my way around was surprisingly easy, the signs were very clear and customs was quick and straight forward. I got settled at my expected gate in terminal K, and waited during my 1 hour layover before my flight to Granada. All the announcements were in Spanish, so Nicole and I almost missed our flight because we didn't realize the plane was boarding. Whoops. I passed out on the 45 minute plane ride to Granada, I was exhausted. 
Plane to Madrid

View from the plane, que guapo!

On the flight to Spain

Plane food

No comments:

Post a Comment