Monday, January 21, 2013

Corte Ingles

Nothing too special happened today, I went to class, learned about Ser vs. Estar for the 47th time, and came home for lunch. The highlight of my day was definitely skyping Paul during siesta time!

I went shopping at the Corte Ingles, a huge store with everything from groceries, to electronics, to clothes and shoes. Basically, it's a Macy's + Walmart + Market Basket. The basement floor is all groceries and drug store things, the second is all the perfumes, handbags, and watches, the third is clothes and electronics, and the fourth and fifth and sixth are all clothes and shoes. I could spend days there.

So I guess I lied when I said nothing special happened today. Nicole and I shopped around for a little bit, each picking up a sweater. We then ventured down to the first floor by the doors to wait for our friends Amy and Olivia to arrive. While browsing the watches to pass the time (no pun intended) a worker came over to us and started saying something in Spanish, then proceeded to show us that if we went out the door, the alarm would go off. We kept saying No Nooo we aren't leaving with the stuff, but we just gave up and went back upstairs. Then, after returning to the area where we had picked up the sweaters, the worker there kept asking me to try it on, then kept telling me not to venture too far. Well, turns out you can't leave each little section of the store without paying, which would explain why no one carried around clothes. From what I gathered, each little section is like a separate store without walls, so you can't actually leave without paying. Who would've known.

So as if Nicole and I weren't confused enough, I saw two shirts that I liked in a department so I decided to try them on. When I came out, there was a security guy standing watching me, so I proceeded to put my unwanted items back and walked away. While doing this, he searched my dressing room to make sure I hadn't taken anything. Nicole and I were so paranoid that everyone was watching us (which they were, we got so many stares and I have no idea why) that we decided to leave. Of course, on the way out the same security man was standing at the door watching us go through the security scanners. I have never been so proud to walk through one without it going off. I don't plan on going back there any time soon, despite the awesomeness of it all.

Nicole and I decided to walk to our new favorite store in Granada, called Sfera. It's like a Forever 21 but in Europe. I got a few things, so that was exciting.

We had take out pizza for dinner. We got a cheese and a ham pizza; I really liked the ham pizza, but apparently the plain cheese one actually had blue cheese on it as well, so that was pretty gross. I stuck to the ham after experiencing that.

Well, so much for an uneventful day. There's always a story to tell in Granada!


No comments:

Post a Comment