Thursday, January 24, 2013

El Albacin

Wednesday:

Today the group met up at Cafe Futbol to discuss prospective trips. It was very chaotic, yet we got a lot accomplished. So, my goal for trips are:

1. Italy (Rome and Venice)
2. Barcelona, Spain to meet Chris!!
3. Lagos, Portugal for a beach getaway
4. Paragliding in the Sierra Nevadas!!

We will see how much everything is going to cost, but I am very excited to at least get to travel a bit while I'm here.

Nicole and I went walking around in the stores this afternoon and bought snacks at a bakery near our house. I got a sugar covered lemon donut which was very yummy.

I went out for tapas at Bella y Bestia, a restaurant that apparently has very good sangria. It comes with a bunch of fruit in it, it's cute.

Thursday:

Today our group went on a tour of El Albacin, a neighborhood in Granada. The tour was suppose to be 2 hours, but lasted 3 because our tour guide (and professor) loves to talk a lot. She did however tell some pretty interesting stories, and the views along the walk were beautiful. The roads were uphill and very rocky, not to mention there was dog poop everywhere, so the walking was rough. But definitely worth the views! We visited a building that used to be a dorm for the University of Granada, and now houses faculty; the views from the building were beautiful, nothing like the views out of my UNH dorm window. We then went up to a lookout point that had the BEST views of the Alhambra with the Sierra Nevadas in the background; I was blown away.

Court House, Plaza Nueva

View from the old dorm, I wish that was outside my window!
Beautiful
Probably my favorite picture so far!
Alhambra and Sierra Nevadas

A house we passed during our walk...Hakuna Matata
I ate a ton of fruit when I got back from the walk, I was super hungry. Lola was over and she had brought chocolates so I ate a couple of those too! I ate dinner and passed out on the couch, early bedtime for me, I'm exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment