Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Central Walking

This morning a man rang the buzzer for us to let him into the apartment. Nicole and I didn't recognize him when we looked at the video screen, so we didn't buzz him in. We left a note to our family about the man, but no one knew who he was.

Canal

After the man had left, we went on a walk along the canal near our apartment. There was a fantastic view of the Sierra Nevadas. We walked up one side of the canal and back the other; there is a park with playground/exercise equipment that Nicole and I want to go back to. There were many dogs along the canal, they were all very cute. I stopped and draped my legs on the side of the canal and ate a snack with Nicole, it was very sunny and warm.



Canal and Sierra Nevadas



















Nicole and I skipped lunch and met our group at the Centro de Lenguas for our first guided tour of the city. One of our professors, Mari Carmen, took us through the center of the city to look at the various plazas. We passed a few cathedrals and statues as well. We also learned that in the Plaza Nueva, if someone comes up asking you if you want "chocolate," it actually refers to drugs, and we are suppose to say no. 




La Antigualla, a tapas bar with John, Olivia, Amy and Nicole


After our two hour tour through the city, I went out to a bar for afternoon tapas. They served us bagels with ham and olive oil, and french fries. It was very yummy.

I was starving by the time I got back to the apartment at 7, so Beatriz made us leftovers from lunch; we ate potato and eggs and fried chicken which was good. Ana brought a friend over after school, apparently she has 3 American students from different programs staying at her house for the semester. 

My flower sits on the balcony outside my room




I am extremely exhausted. I have to get up for class at 10 tomorrow, so I'm headed to bed early. Side note, the girls love my dancing flower. They always ask to go into my room and see it dance!


No comments:

Post a Comment