Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nerja, Spain - Beach in January!

Views from the bus


Today the group took a 90 minute bus ride down to the Mediterranean to a small coastal town called Nerja. We left at 9:30, so I took a nice nap all the way to the beach. I woke up from time to time, and the views were fantastic! There were mountains on one side, and beach on the other, it was beautiful.

We first went to El Castillo de San Miguel, a  castle in Almunecar, Spain up on a hill which had great views of the beach, and a lot of cool architecture. Afterward, we went to Las Cuevas de Nerja (Caves of Nerja) which was a huge cave with cool rock formations on the sides and ceilings. The pictures don't do it justice, it was truly amazing, I don't know how nature could've done that! For lunch we ate at a buffet at the caves; there was soooo much food. Granted, it wasn't the best tasting food, but it was definitely plentiful. The servers gave you what you pointed to, however instead of just giving you a little to try, they loaded up the plates. I had way to much food and obviously didn't even make a dent in eating it.


El Castillo de San Miguel 

El Castillo

Me and Olivia

Views from El Castillo
It was a little windy, but still beautiful


Caves in Nerja
The pictures don't do them justice

My Buffet Lunch

After lunch we put on our bathing suits and headed to the BEACH! Yes, the beach in January. It was 26 degrees Celsius, or 78.8 degrees Fahrenheit!! It was a beautiful day for the beach, plentiful sun, just warm enough but not humid, and hardly anyone was around! I dipped my feet in the water, it was a bit chilly. I spent most of my time venturing around in the caves along the shore, it was awesome! The rocks hurt my feet but the views were worth the pain!  




Little house built into the cave on the beach


It only took us a few tries to get this picture...


I went into the Mediterranean!
I got strawberry gelato in the town, it was delicious! I was so upset when it was gone, I could've eaten the entire tub of it!
Yumm, Gelato!
Finally it was time to go, so we hopped on the bus and drove back to Granada. It wasn't quite as warm when we got back, but probably a lot warmer than back at home in Boxford.

I spent the night playing a singing game on playstation with Ana and Nicole. It was High School Musical themed in English, so obviously we dominated. Ana laughed so much when Nicole and I battled each other. It was a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment