Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A Wonderful Day in Granada

My favorite clan of students! <3
Today was a wonderful day! This is my last week volunteering at the high school, so it was a sad but exciting day! I went to my two classes at the school; my first one was with Sacra, the professor that took me to the concert a few weekends ago. She allotted half the class for her students to ask me questions about my experience, and for them to interact with me. Surprisingly the students had a lot of questions and were very interested in what I had to say. At the end of the class, Sacra gave me a huge hug and gave me a pair of paper made earrings from India. It was adorable. My second class was even harder to say goodbye. The students are about 14 or 15 years old, and have grown very close to me over the past few months. They hadn't realized it was my last day, so when they found out I was bombarded with hugs and more hugs. It was so hard to walk away; every time the students would turn there backs, they would run back and give me another hug. They just couldn't let me go; it was adorable. At one point, a couple of the girls started to cry, and begged me to come back next week. Maybe I will pay them a visit, who knows.
Me and Sacra, she's the best!
Sacra's two student teachers studying to become spanish teachers. They're so sweet!
My youngest students :)
The school


I was also extremely productive today! I finished two essays and two powerpoints!! So, I'm pretty much done for the semester with two weeks to spare!!! Also, my professor sent out an email today saying that she is going to pay for everyone in the UNH group to go to a soccer game the last weekend we are here, and that she has scheduled a wine tasting with traditional tapas for our last week here as well. It is suppose to be really fun. She also mentioned there were a few surprises to come, but of course I don't know what they are yet!

Banana Bread!!!!
To top of my fantastic day, I made banana bread! Yes, BANANA BREAD! Man have I missed that delicious treat! I told my host family I was going to make it, and they looked at me strangely, because the concept of bananas and bread just didn't click in their minds. However, their opinion quickly changed as they took a bite of fresh, warm homemade banana bread that little Beatriz helped me make this afternoon. It was very satisfying, and they insist I teach them how to make it!

No comments:

Post a Comment